[WikiEN-l] Forget worries about [[WP:RS]] and [[WP:CITE]]...

Omegatron omegatron+wikienl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 00:09:38 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, Christopher Thieme <cdthieme at gmail.com> wrote:

> ...NUKE [[WP:CIVIL]] as it's unworkable, increases uncivil conduct, and
> encourages hypocrisy.

How does it increase uncivil conduct?  Compare Wikipedia talk pages with
*any* discussion forum or bulletin board.

When aggression exists, [[WP:CIVIL]] does turn it into this snide
through-the-teeth aggression.  "Thank you for contributing to our project
(fuckhead)!  We really appreciate your contributions, but we've deleted them
all (because you're an idiot).  Please read through all our policies before
making further contributions (because you're clearly too dense to have
absorbed them the first time)."

But it's still better than the unmoderated flamewars you'll find on any
other site.