[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Thu Jan 25 23:35:12 UTC 2007

The Cunctator schreef:
> Some people are definitely descending into copyright paranoia...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Abramoff_scotland_small.jpg

Why is this copyright paranoia? There is no mention of who took that
picture, neither on the image description page, nor in the original
source. So there is no way for us to check the claim it is {{PD-USGov}}.

According to the other copyright claim, it is "public use" because it is
"a picture introduced at a federal trial". If the uploader meant "public
domain": I've not seen this before; I doubt it is true.

Maybe it's fair use. Maybe. But surely not in all 5 of the articles it
is included in at the moment?

Eugene