[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 21:14:02 UTC 2007

> There are more citations per article in Wikipedia than in Brittanica.
> Is Brittanica an unreliable source?

We know who wrote Britannica. We can (or at least, should be able to -
let's not get into a discussion about the actual reliability of
Britannica) trust that their authors really do know what they're
talking about, and even if they are writing from memory, their memory
is more reliable than that of a random Wikipedia user we know nothing
about. (Not necessarily more accurate, but it is more reliable.)