[WikiEN-l] [Foundation-l] school articles : enough

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:34:31 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/25/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The purpose of Wikipedia is not to make OTRS happy, any more than it
> > is to make Articles For Deletion happy.
>
> Every article on Wikipedia has a maintenance cost and a benefit to the
> project as a whole. It's reasonable for us to choose not to keep
> articles whose maintenance cost is greater than the benefit they
> provide.

Everyone is free to not contribute to the maintenance of some section of WP.

One lone editor willing to babysit a thousand articles nobody else
cares about is sufficient maintenance committment.

What we don't have is any way to currently know if there is someone
who cares about an article and is paying attention to it.  (Feature
request?  Beyond watchlist, add a new "Maintenance Watchlist" and make
that visible from the article side or some such?)

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com