[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

Bogdan Giusca liste at dapyx.com
Thu Jan 25 20:12:11 UTC 2007

Thursday, January 25, 2007, 10:00:34 PM, George wrote:

> Wikipedia is not the fact-based encyclopedia project you're demanding.
>  It can never be, because it's not structured that way in a semantic
> or knowledge flow manner.  Attempting to force Wikipedia into that
> model will blow up your mind and our project.  Please stop.

What's wrong with adding a reference after each sentence?

Hoping that your mind won't blow, here's a very well-sourced example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_general_election%2C_1946

Wikipedia's purpose, as said by Jimbo, is not to be a wiki, not to be
a community, but to simply create an encyclopedia. The rest are simply
means towards a goal.

> Killing our project here and now by turning it into Nupedia makes no
> sense.  If their model works, then perhaps we should all go work over
> there.  If it doesn't then leave the WP model alone...

Maybe you are the one on the wrong encyclopedia: Wikipedia requires
verifiability as an official policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability

And it's not Nupedia, everyone still can edit it, but one should add
the *source* of the addition.