[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:07:47 UTC 2007

> Citations, fact checking, and minor corrections are EXCELLENT things
> to leave for others, or for later review by yourself.

Leaving citations for someone else is complete nonsense. It shows that
you didn't understand the paragraph of mine you quoted. A citation
says where you got the source from. If you write and article, and then
I come along, I have no idea where you got the source from, it is
impossible for me to add the citation. I can add a link to somewhere
that says the same thing, but that's not citing sources, because
whatever I link to probably wasn't actually the source. Me adding
sources to your article is basically me rewriting the article - your
work becomes nothing more than copyediting that happened to be done
before I wrote the article (and yes, that doesn't make sense - that's
the point I'm trying to make).