[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Thu Jan 25 13:17:01 UTC 2007

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:
> If people cited their sources in the first place, there wouldn't be any
> abuse by people using that fact to get it deleted. Any abuse with these
> policies can be prevented if people just made the effort. I think I'm going
> to reread those pages and think about rewriting them.

Please do.  While you're there, take a look at the talk page.  An easy
way to make WP:RS more useful would be to break down the sourcing by
subject as opposed to thinking that the same style of sources for
historical figures is needed for an internet meme.  Not surprisingly,
there's some vocal opposition to it, and the problem persists.

-Jeff
--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the
	Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else."
	- Sen. Rick Santorum on the war in Iraq.