[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

Omegatron omegatron+wikienl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 03:56:19 UTC 2007

On 1/24/07, Phil Sandifer <Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> We should nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]. They are not working.

I have seen [[WP:RS]] used a lot lately.  I have yet to see it
actually improve anything.  It's predominantly used to remove
information that the remover knows is true but personally dislikes.

> And
> we should shoot people who continue to add dubious information over
> the objections of other editors.

And then there are the overzealous ones who remove encyclopedic
information that they agree with and know to be true, simply because
it isn't sourced.

This is not how you improve quality.