[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu Jan 25 03:50:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, bbatsell wrote:
> Those are *goals*.  Of course it's not feasible that every single
> sentence in every single article across every localized Wikipedia be
> sourced from reliable sources.  That's ridiculous.

Instead we have "every single sentence in a random subset of articles must
be sourced from reliable sources."  It sucks if a topic you're interested in
is in one of that random subset.

You also get subgroups of editors who absolutely refuse to accept some kinds
of source.  [[Wikipedia:Attribution]] has stalled because it's impossible to
tell some people that popular culture can't be sourced like science and
history.