[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 03:04:16 UTC 2007

On Jan 24, 2007, at 9:50 PM, geni wrote:

> That differes from our copyright policy how?

Our copyright policy is mostly intuitive, and can be explained in a
sentence in such a way that an average person can understand it. It's
slightly trickier with images, but only slightly since we've been
cracking down pretty hard on "fair use" of late. Copyvio is not
nearly as widespread as lack of sourcing. Copyvio is not a newbie-
unfriendly concept.

-Phil