[WikiEN-l] New Test Templates

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 17:51:28 UTC 2007

On Jan 24, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:

> Eugene van der Pijll wrote:
>> Rory Stolzenberg schreef:
>>> See
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?
>>> title=Wikipedia:WikiProject_on_user_warning_layout_standardisation&o
>>> ldid=92676384
>>
>> Right. So it is to make these templates more useful for book-
>> keeping, and
>> to make them look less like personal communication.
>>

> Of course, in the Good Old Days, they were SUPPOSED to look like
> personal communication, for those of us too lazy to write custom
> messages each time...

Yes, well, this was before we decided that vandalism was an epic
problem that required a special task force to deal with it.

Which is another entry on the growing list of "problems that have
been left to fester long enough on Wikipedia that they're going to
require drastic solutions.

-Phil