[WikiEN-l] Nofollow back on URL links on en.wikipedia.org articles for now

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Wed Jan 24 14:15:00 UTC 2007

On 1/22/07, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/22/07, Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Does Jimmy have that authority? Should this have  gone through the board?
> > > Did it?
> >
> I asked three specific questions, which so far as I know Anthony and
> Oskar can't directly answer except through (reasonable) surmisal.

Why ask the list, if you think we can't answer the question?  Because
the 4 or 5 people who can answer happen to be on the list?

Moreover, what is the question?  Does Jimmy have the authority to
request something of someone else?  Of course he does.  We all do.
Free speech and everything.  Was Brion required under his employment
contract to do it?  I doubt it, but that one I guess you'd have to ask
him for the answer.  Should this have gone through the board?  That's
really a philosophical question, which anyone could answer, but I
don't really know if I think it should have or not.  Did it?  I guess
only the board knows for sure, but I haven't seen any resolutions
passed over it.

Anthony