[WikiEN-l] Nofollow back on URL links on en.wikipedia.org articles for now

Sage Ross sage.ross at yale.edu
Tue Jan 23 19:34:16 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Earle Martin <wikipedia at downlode.org> wrote:
> On 22/01/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 1/21/07, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hmm an I evil for enjoying this:
> >
> > Lots of fun.  Anyone caught our friend MyWikiBiz posting in the first one?
>
> It gets better:
> http://www.seomoz.org/blogdetail.php?ID=1648&jump_to_comment=14979
>
> Also, I noticed this on another site: a spammer admits spamming
> articles and gives a clue as to what they are. Anyone care to try
> tracking this down and nuking it?
>
> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/10642#comment-60436
>
> --
> Earle Martin
>             http://downlode.org/
> http://purl.org/net/earlemartin/

I like this one:
http://www.smomashup.com/how-wikipedia-killed-the-internets/2007/01/23/

The complaint is that, once the (barely notable) entry on [[Social
Media Optimization]] stops giving PageRank value to the blog-post
origin of the term, then the Wikipedia article will surpass the blog
entry as the first Google result for "social media optimization".
Breaks my heart.

-Sage