[WikiEN-l] [[Ecma Office Open XML]] and [[OpenDocument]] - good editors needed

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 21:46:16 UTC 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecma_Office_Open_XML
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Ecma_Office_Open_XML

I've spent this evening working on press stuff relating to this. The
article is now at a much better (IMO) title. (I compare it to
[[JavaScript]] being the article about the Netscape/Mozilla version of
the language, but [[ECMAScript]] being the article about the
standardised version.)

Now it needs clueful editors who both know the subject area and
understand NPOV to keep it in order. We need to recover it from
advocates and anti-advocates and make it something informative for the
readers. You know how it is.

Mathias Schindler and I have been doing press about this, and also
talking to the Microsoft OOXML guys. Doug Mahugh from MS is on the
talk page, and does understand that editing the article himself would
be a conflict of interest and the talk page is the right place to edit
from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument also needs a similar degree
of attention.

With the amount of press attention this is getting, I expect both
articles to be features in a month ;-)

- d.