[WikiEN-l] Preloading template in new articles

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 21:33:46 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Mets501 <mets501wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would anyone object to preloading a references section in every new article?
> For example, when a user searches for a topic and clicks the big "Create
> this article" link, the user will be shown a page like this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Testing...testing...testing
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Testing...testing...testing&actio
> n=edit&preload=Template:Article+starter>
> &action=edit&preload=Template:Article+starter.
>

> The text of this template is at [[Template:Article starter]].
>

> --Mets501

I'd much prefer it if we didn't do this, it seems kinda....I don't
know....assholeish. You know, shoving things down peoples throats. It
has an element of WP:BITE in it, I think. Also, I think it will be
fairly ineffective (people will simply ignore it, or be confused since
the comment tag is fairly obscure for the average user), and it will
mess with the "purity" of the edit box (not much of an argument, but
still ;)

Why not simply include it in the text that's above the edit box more
prominently? Like, bold it and make it 2 points bigger than the rest.

--Oskar