[WikiEN-l] Water chestnuts

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 23:05:27 UTC 2007

Could somebody please explain why [[Water chestnut]] is a disambiguation
page (with, in my opinion, neither splitting article really doing a good job
of describing the tuber that most English-speaking people are familiar with
from either a grocery store can or their local Chinese restaurant), while
[[Corn]] (which redirects to [[Maize]]) is a really nice article that talks
about the corn we all know and love, while having a convenient,
unobtrusive "disambig" flag at the top?

Doesn't the water chestnut deserve a little better than this confusing
disambiguation page?  It's a pretty common food.  Does the Wikipedia
community really expect users to find their way specifically to [[Eleocharis
dulcis]] to get a half-decent write-up on the water chestnuts that many of
their recipes call for?

--
Gregory Kohs
Cell: 302.463.1354