[WikiEN-l] a few new wrinkles in the external link issue

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Mon Jan 22 15:45:14 UTC 2007

Pedro Sanchez wrote:

> Except, that in order to get approved, bots must go on a trial period
> so we can evaluate what and how it does. I believe the consensus on
> those who got involved was that the bot was good.

Of course, [[WP:CCC|consensus can change]].  Not a lot of people pay
attention to the bot approval process, and if people see the bot not
working the way it's expected or in a way they like, that might have to be
dealt with.  There was next to no discussion regarding Shadowbot1, for
example.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves.

-Jeff

--