[WikiEN-l] Promoting non-en Wikipedias (was In defence of Google)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 13:49:01 UTC 2007

> What can we do for countries where people routinely use the English
> wikipedia and ignore their own language Wikipedia? I try to push local

Start by formalising this concept, and producing a special interface
for people who are reading the non-local version of their Wikipedia.
For example, a user in the .fr domain whose language settings are set
to FR reads a page on EN.  The interface could simultaneously present
him with the english and french versions of the article (assuming they
exist) and perhaps suggest to him that he might like to contribute to
the FR version.

Steve