[WikiEN-l] a few new wrinkles in the external link issue

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Mon Jan 22 12:35:54 UTC 2007

John Doe wrote:
> regarding this HAVE YOU NO CLUE what spam is? there have been massive
> attacks by spammers recently there was one user that added 142 links to the
> same site, the reason? to increase the sites rank in google. as for blog,
> myspace.com the reason is simple there is no need to link to jimbobs blog as
> per my reasoning at WT:EL

I certainly have a clue.  And I bet we simply reverted him, right?
That's how we should be dealing with it.

Also, I have yet to see a useful defense of blacklisting MySpace blogs,
so if you have one, I'd love to see it.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the
	Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else."
	- Sen. Rick Santorum on the war in Iraq.