[WikiEN-l] editorial oversight, re: afd, fac, etc.

Ryzvel at 3mail.com Ryzvel at 3mail.com
Sun Jan 21 21:12:05 UTC 2007

I don't know how common is. It's just that I can't think of a justification for it. Anyway, I may have better luck in the relevant language section whence the thing originates. Tim . . .
K P schreef:
> On 1/19/07, Ryzvel at 3mail.com <Ryzvel at 3mail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I was intrigued last year to find that somebody had deleted one of my
> > contributions on the grounds that the deletor [?] had never heard of it.
> > Acting on this criterion, I would spend my waking hours deleting Wikipedia
> > articles. Tim . . .
>

> Yes, that seems to hold a lot of weight in deletionist debates, someone who
> has never worked in the sciences never heard of a scientific concept and
> doesn't understand the underlying basics, but thinks the article should be
> deleted because it's on a concept they "had never heard of."

{{cite}}

That's the second time you've claimed that this is common, and we
haven't yet seen a single example. So I've checked today's AfD (just as
I did last time), and of the 110 nominations so far, there were 0
because the nominator "had never heard of" the subject.

Also, the phrase "never heard" occurs only three times on the page, and
in none of those cases, it is the sole reason for deletion. I do not see
it having any weight in deletion debates. (Where can I find the
deletionist debates you're speaking of?)

Eugene