[WikiEN-l] defused timebomb

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Sun Jan 21 14:13:27 UTC 2007

Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:
> Oldak Quill wrote:
> <snip>
>> I don't think you did the *wrong* thing, but I think we should always
>> aim to stick to process.
>>

> No, no, and just plain... no. "Process" is what killed Nupedia. The OP
> has our sincere thanks for removing another of our drive-by-stupidity
> magnets. Seriously. Next thing you know [[snopes.com]] or [[The Straight
> Dope]] will have entire sections labelled "according to Wikipedia..."
> where they debunk all of the unreferenced tripe that's lying around.

Process merely makes things run smoother and keeps people from doing
dumb things more often than not.

Meanwhile, I've already restored about 5 of those in the article, and
I'll try to get to more later.  a quick post somewhere saing "we know
these things are true, can we find sources" and it'd be done in 5
minutes.  Instead, knee-jerk reaction time, whee!!!

Maybe some people would like to pitch in?  The Google cache is right here:

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:FBnIbSOEGeoJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famous_people_responsible_for_a_death+http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famous_people_responsible_for_a_death&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the
	Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else."
	- Sen. Rick Santorum on the war in Iraq.