[WikiEN-l] Nofollow back on URL links on en.wikipedia.org articles for now

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 14:12:30 UTC 2007

> Serious question:
>
> Is it worth the Foundation approaching Google with a suggestion to
> *penalise* links from wikipedia.org? Not single links, but many links.

I doubt it... It's quite hard to tell the difference between spam
links and real links.

Stable Versions are the solution, yet again - have nofollow on
unstable versions and allow the links to be indexed on stable
versions, that way everyone gets the benefit of google indexing the
links, without there being an incentive to add linkspam.