[WikiEN-l] Nofollow back on URL links on en.wikipedia.org articles for now

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sun Jan 21 13:48:00 UTC 2007

geni wrote:
> Hmm an I evil for enjoying this:
> http://www.seorefugee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4655

No more so than I!

The outraged, "how *dare* they!" tone is just priceless.

skitzoo:
| Son Of A *****! That freakin blows. So, I guess I'll be
| deleting the articles I wrote for them.

He don't know us vewy well, do he?

eKstreme:
| Question: did nofollows reduce blog spam? Answer: no.
| Question: will nofollows reduce Wikipedia spam? Guess: no.

But his guess is contradicted by the lead post in the thread:

Sorvoja:
| :-( :-( Wikipedia has added the fracking NOFOLLOW attribute to
| all external links. There goes hours upon hours of editing and
| link building down the drain. :-( :-(

(Those are little animated, pyrotechnic thumbs-down frownies,
not simple three-char ASCII emoticons.  The blog crowd, they do
love their icons.)