[WikiEN-l] What is an "expert"?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Jan 21 04:36:32 UTC 2007

On 19 Jan 2007 at 08:48, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net>
wrote:

> In my case, I don?t work with a single definition of the word ?expert?; in
> too many contexts it is divisive and elitist. That is why, when I must use
> it for any reason, I enclose it in quotes (no, I don?t use air quotes when I
> speak it, George Carlin broke me of that).

Unfortunately, you seem to have some sort of character set issue; the
quotes you use come out as question marks in the digest version, and
as superscripted numbers in the web archive.  I haven't seen the
headers of the individual-message version of this list, so I don't
know what character encoding your messages are originally sent under.

Online archive version of your latest message:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2007-
January/061199.html

You could also do with a little quote-trimming; while you do reply
inline rather than top-posting, you still insist on leaving in all of
the original message including headers, trailers, and other
irrelevant material, so there's sometimes a lot of excess stuff both
above and below your reply.

--
== Dan ==