[WikiEN-l] Nofollow back on URL links on en.wikipedia.org articles for now

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sat Jan 20 13:48:02 UTC 2007

Brion wrote:
> ...having seen a fun rumor of a "search engine optimization
> world championship" contest...

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if that rumor was true.  I have
a high-pagerank website with an unremarkable submission form
(c-faq.com/feedback.html) that usually receives one or two
linkspams per week, but suddenly yesterday and today I've gotten
about a dozen.

> I've gone ahead and switched rel="nofollow" back onto URLs in
> en.wikipedia.org's article namespace.

Good.  That's clearly the right stance for now, dismaying though
it is.