[WikiEN-l] A copy of WP articles

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 03:57:04 UTC 2007

On 1/20/07, Brian Salter-Duke <b_duke at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> http://www.justrec.com/wilderness.html
>
> This is just one of several articles on this site that appears to be a
> direct copy of the WP article. Scouting is another. They claim copyright
> on the page and do not mention WP. Is this legit?

When this came up a few months ago, we concluded that it was not
illegal to falsely claim copyright. It doesn't make their claim valid,
but it's certainly easier for many sites to simply claim copyright
over everything appearing on their site than to work out which part of
that claim would actually be valid.

Steve