[WikiEN-l] editorial oversignt. re: afd, fac, etc.

Who Cares bowtothemath at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 02:25:29 UTC 2007

On 1/19/07, James Forrester <jdforrester at gmail.com> wrote:
  >On 17/01/07, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1/17/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Look at the editing history of User:Amarkov. An editor who edits
>> > NOTHING but deletion debates, apparently in all hard-working
>> > sincerity.
>>
>> A filthy job, but someone has to do it.

>Really? I fail to see why any of our deletion systems require anyone
>to devote anything approaching the majority of their wiki-time to
>them; certainly, not the exclusivity thereof.

>Please note that there is one system that does require near-absolute
>devotion, namely Arbitration. Ah well. :-)

Well, yes, it is true that nobody has to contribute all their wikitime to deletion debates. I do some other projectspace discussion, too, but it is mostly deletion debates. However, if you've seen my prose, you do not want me writing articles. And besides, I don't want to write articles. Editing Wikipedia for me is something enjoyable to do, so I refuse to do something I have no interest in doing. If it makes me a worse contributor to live in projectspace, so be it.

  And how did I get picked as an example, anyway?

  -Amarkov