[WikiEN-l] Reliable sources (Guy Chapman aka JzG)

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Fri Jan 19 09:30:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 00:51:33 -0800 (PST), zero 0000
<nought_0000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> if there has never been a reputably published biography or profile,
>> then I don't believe we can have an article.

>This would include minor actors and exclude famous scientists.
>Even scientists who have a large number of scientific achievements
>are rarely the subjects of published biographies.  Being famous
>enough to get a mention in newspapers doesn't help either, since
>such articles rarely provide information like place of birth.

Many notable scientists are profiled in pop science and other
journals.  And a fair number of those who have not, really should not
be on Wikipedia.  Take Piotr Blass, for example.  He re-created his
article about ten times before we finally  banned him.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG