[WikiEN-l] Expertaphobia

Nina Stratton ninaeliza at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 02:00:15 UTC 2007

> In the article on Cheesesteak, people were constantly coming in with
> pronouncements on what kind of cheese was proper or what brand of
> roll was required, and insisting that they were Philadelphians and
> that they _knew_. But the thing was, some people that said they were
> experts said that an authentic Philadelphia cheesesteak had Cheese
> Whiz and coarsely cut meat, while other people who said they were
> experts said that an authentic Philadelphia cheesesteak had provolone
> cheese and finely chopped meat.
>
> That's the beautiful thing about Wikipedia. Why highlight the debate of,
say, any article related to science, the humanities or philosophy, when
we've got the issue right there in a fine Philly Cheesesteak?

--
Sincerely,

Nina
"Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and
conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work." - Abdul Kalam