[WikiEN-l] Troubling news on Citizendium

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:08:04 UTC 2007

> If Larry gets tenure-track people to believe it will help them, then it really might be a breakthrough.

The breakthrough is getting the people that decide who to give tenure
to think contributing to Citizendium is a good thing, and I can't see
why they would. Universities want researchers doing research, because
that's what gets funding. Writing textbooks is important, but I don't
think you generally get tenure for it, and that's the closest
comparison I can see.