[WikiEN-l] Independent article

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 12:03:48 UTC 2007

[[Marti Pellow]] had some vandalism that made the media - it said for
five hours on Friday that he was dead. If people could watchlist it,
that would be good (that should be enough for now).

The Independent, Tue 16 Jan

===
Pellow fans upset by death reports

Fans of the Wet Wet Wet frontman Marti Pellow were left stunned yesterday
after the online encyclopedia Wikipedia reported that he had died last
Friday. One fan, Sophie Cornwell, said: "I couldn't believe my eyes when I
read that he was dead - I was absolutely shell shocked." Natasha Mensah,
Pellow's publicist, confirmed he was "definitely still alive". A Wikipedia
spokesman, David Gerard, said: "We would like to apologise for any distress
we may have caused... but occasionally pranksters change details on the
site."
===

(Thanks to Steel359 for typing it in. Article was a tiny space-filler on p12.)

I'm sure what I actually said was "Yeah, we get this sort of rubbish
all the time ..." But newspapers are a reliable source, so that must
be what I actually said.

By the way, this article did not have a {{WPBiography}} template on
the talk page. Every bio should have one of these, particularly living
bios. If you EVER spot a bio, particularly a living one, with a
red-linked talk page, please put {{WPBiography}} on the talk page!
[[Template:WPBiography]] lists how to fill it in.

- d.