[WikiEN-l] Troubling news on Citizendium

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Tue Jan 16 20:13:28 UTC 2007

Kali Tal's blog postings:

http://www.freshmonsters.com/kalital/archives/2006/11/racism_and_sexism_at_citizendi.shtml
http://www.freshmonsters.com/kalital/archives/2006/11/update_on_racism_and_sexism_at.shtml

I am not a participant, but have read her blog postings regarding this matter, and am well acquainted with Larry. Larry insisted  that rather than fall under Ethnic studies, African-American Literature would fall under American Literature. Tal claims that enough knowledge has been generated by Ethic and Gender Studies to justify a separate expert review system for subjects which could fall within their purview.

She is rather like Larry, does not suffer fools....

I don't think this incident is particularly significant. We would have trouble with her here if she was or is an active editor. Like Larry, she knows the answers, learned them as a sophomore.

Fred