[WikiEN-l] Moving the Main Page

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:47:50 UTC 2007

On 1/15/07, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> > > I am amazed people fall over themselves to comply with constraints
> > > that simply don't matter.
>
> Because if constraints don't apply to everyone, it's possible to make a
> constraint, pawn off the inconvenience from the constraint on someone else,
> and not care about the inconvenience yourself because you've exempted
> yourself from it.

For this argument to work, there would have to be a tangible way that
the main page is hurting the namespace policy. Is it? Are people
putting wikiproject pages willy nilly in the mainspace? Are people
rampantly putting userpages and userboxes where they don't belong and
then claiming "well, the main page does it, so why can't I???"

Is there any reason what so ever to move the main page, except "policy
for policys sake"? Because that argument doesn't fly with us.

--Oskar