[WikiEN-l] Reliable sources

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 14:00:53 UTC 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 8:52 AM, geni wrote:

> It would have been difficult to close it in any other direction.

I disagree. This was an AfD where no new arguments were made from the
previous AfD. Yes, consensus can change. But consensus is also not a
random phenomenon based on who shows up on a given day. In the
absence of any new claims about the article, it would have been
wholly reasonable to take into account the previous overwhelming
decision to keep the article, to note the egregiously poor reasoning
of some of the votes ("not every game by Nintendo is notable," as one
person argued - a position that is so far removed from our existing
practice as to be unusable.

-Phil