[WikiEN-l] Moving the Main Page (sic)

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Jan 15 22:42:23 UTC 2007

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:

>It might be just me, but I don't think a movie or book titled "Main Page"
>would actually get sold to a editor or studio representative. Titles are key
>to drawing in an audience, and when someone came to me with that as a title,
>I'd ask them to change it.

It is just you.  There have been very famous bands called "The Who", and
"The Band".  There have been both a movie and a song called "The
Thing".  "Main" has already appeared in numerous movie titles like "Main
Street" and "Main Event", and even more often as a word in another
language.  "Page" has a higher proportion of English names in movies.
There's "Front Page", "Page 3", "Home Page", "Last Page", "Runt Page",
"Back Page", "Blank Page", "Blotted Page", "Page Me", "Paging Page Two",
"Picture Page", "Page Turners",  "Entertainment Page", and of course
"Betty Page: Bondage Queen" and many others.

Changing the title is one option.  An effective marketting campaign is
another. :-)

Ec