[WikiEN-l] Moving the Main Page (sic)

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Mon Jan 15 18:37:36 UTC 2007

Gary Kirk schreef:
> Anyway, we can always create these articles as [[Main Page (book)]],
> [[Main Page (film)]] and so on. It really is a non-issue - there's no
> definite reason to move our Main Page.

No we can't. Nobody would find those articles, except if we put a dab
notice at the top of our front page. And we do not want that.

As soon as there is something that really should go at [[Main Page]] (as
a proper article), the main page will have to be moved, and the internal
links should be changed.

For those external links that link directly to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page, there should be a dab notice at
the top of [[Main Page]], pointing at [[Portal:Main Page]], which is not
ideal, but acceptable.

This is all irrespective of when the page is moved. There is no real
advantage in moving it now, especially when the probability of the need
of a Main Page article is low.

Eugene