[WikiEN-l] Exposure of magic on Wikipedia

Nina Stratton ninaeliza at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 15:32:23 UTC 2007

People don't pay for the "magic" per se, they pay for the showmanship. In my
opinion, revealing the mechanics of a magic act in no way detracts from that
particular act's commercial viability. Struggling magicians, on the other
hand, might be of another opinion.

On 1/15/07, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:

> In a previous discussion it was determined that most magic tricks aren't
> patented (for fear of revealing the method) or copyrighted (only the way
> it's written down in a book or recorded on a DVD or video is copyrighted).
> However, isn't exposure of commercially available effects considered
> [[piracy]] then?
>
> Mgm

Sincerely,

Nina
"Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and
conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work." - Abdul Kalam