[WikiEN-l] Merging policy

Ryan Wetherell renardius at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 08:24:04 UTC 2007

On 1/14/07, theProject <wp.theproject at gmail.com> wrote:
> Our merging policy currently states that text-dump mergers are considered as
> acceptable progress, although this was met with criticism last time it was
> brought up on the mailing list. Is such procedure still acceptable? My
> thoughts are that if text dump mergers are acceptable, then perhaps
> significant headway could be made into the merge backlog with a semi-bot of
> some sort. Please comment.
>
> --
> theProject

IIRC, they're acceptable, but not the most useful way to do things.
If you're going about it with a bot (or were to) I'd put the stuff to
be merged on the talk page in a colored box or something with a
heading pointing the fact that it needs incorporation into the
article.  And then we could have a {{merge-on-talk}} template that
explains that content to be merged is on the talk page.

--Ryan

--
[[en:User:Merovingian]]