[WikiEN-l] FYI - Labor organization "campaign" advice regarding Wikipedia...

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 04:40:33 UTC 2007

This was forwarded to me:

http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20070114054249892

Quote:
"So while demonstrating the use of Google ads to my colleague
yesterday, I suggested that we click on the link to the page about
this company on the Wikipedia – and that we include our own subversive
message there."

Most of the article is more balanced (they actually recommend that
Union members sign up, learn about Wikipedia, and the author says he
donated to WP and urges others to, too), but there are a few "hey,
this can be a propaganda tool!" recommendations in there...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com