[WikiEN-l] Moving the Main Page

Christopher Thieme cdthieme at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 20:46:24 UTC 2007

> Trying to enforse the "rules" on the main
> page is nothing short of distruption to make a point (WP:POINT).

WP:POINT, WP:DICK, WP:FUCK are for people who can't argue, refuse to argue,
or are incapable of making sound points to counteract a rather sound
argument with which they disagree.

In other words, it's a cop-out.

To negate the argument.  If you're going to make rules for other people to
abide by, you better abide by them yourself.  That's just a matter of
courtesy.

Otherwise, at the macrocosmic scale, it makes your authority illegitimate
and then you can be dragged out into the street and executed like Mussolini
(hanged), or Ceauşescu (shot), Robespierre (beheaded) or any other
historical figure or government that ruled arbitrarily with a "do as I say,
not as I do" style of governance.

As to other links in print sources.  Whoever wrote up marketing materials
with " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page " on it should be dragged into
the street and shot, or at least fired because anyone in ad copy will tell
you to state shorter URLs on such materials, or your target audience won't
find it or (worse) they'll ignore it.  Heck, I type en.wikipedia.org each
time I get to Wikipedia, but I'm not most people.  Most people don't think
when looking at or responding to ads, written materials, etc.  Any smart
marketing/adcopy person would have told you to get put together materials
saying " www.wikipedia.com "

Jimbo, if that's the case, fire the marketing department.

...and switch the damn Main Page already.

A hard redirect could fix this faster than I can fix a cheap boxed brownie
mix from duncan hines.

Regards,
Christopher D. Thieme
User:ExplorerCDT