[WikiEN-l] Moving the Main Page

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 15:25:01 UTC 2007

On 1/15/07, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> You make it sound like there are more reasons it should be moved, when
> really, your first two points are the same.

Heh, just like how consensus on Wikipedia isn't about counting votes,
counting arguments is pretty pointless. I'm repeating myself, but it
boils down to that there is no good reason for Main Page to be in main
article space other than the difficulty of actually moving it. So the
number of arguments for it being in the wrong space is sort of
irrelevant, as there are no counter arguments.

As to whether there would ever be anything called Main Page...if we
*didn't* have that as the title of our top-level portal, we would
probably redirect Main Page and Main page to homepage or index.html or
something.

Steve