[WikiEN-l] Moving the Main Page

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 07:15:57 UTC 2007

On 1/14/07, Gary Kirk <gary.kirk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone's got into their head that having it in mainspace is a
> "violation of Wikipedia policy", and suggests it be moved into the
> comparatively new Portal namespace, like [[Current events]] was.

*Moving* the main page may be problematic, but it's pretty clear that
it shouldn't be in main article space, as it's not an article about
anything. If for some reason we didn't have one, and a proposal was
put forward today, it would almost certainly be put in either
Wikipedia: or Portal: space. Thus, not so much a "violation of
Wikipedia policy", as being inconsistent with existing naming
conventions and namespace conventions.

Steve