[WikiEN-l] Little Napoleans

Daniel P. B. Smith wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com
Sun Jan 14 01:15:13 UTC 2007

> On 1/13/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
>>
>> 'I've run afoul of the rules lawyers on Wikipedia many times. It's
>> getting
>> to the point where you can't even say the sky is blue without one
>> of these
>> little Napoleans squawking, "Original research! Need citation!"'

Next time it happens, ask him to contact me:
"The blue sky is so commonplace that it is taken for granted"
Schaefer, Vincent J.; John A. Day (1998). A Field Guide to the
Atmosphere. Houghton Mifflin Field Guides. ISBN 0395976316.

"It is now well established that the luminosity and blue colour on
very clear days and at considerable altitudes above the sea-level can
almost be accounted for by the scattering of light by the molecules
of air, without postulating suspended particles of foreign matter."
R. J. Strutt (Lord Rayleigh), Proceedings of the Royal Society of
London. Series A, 94(662), June 01, 1918, pp. 453 - 459.