[WikiEN-l] Moving the Main Page

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 20:01:27 UTC 2007

I can't possibly see the advantage. It doesn't open up the page name because
if you don't put in a redirect lots of links (both internal and external)
will die on us. Not to mention, the main page has been with us from the
beginning. Moving that entire history will be a strain on the server and it
really serves no useful purpose. Is having a fancy portal space really worth
that much?

Alternative idea: If it has to get that name, can't we create the portal
thingy as a redirect and use that template for alternative names on the main
page without actually moving it?

Mgm