[WikiEN-l] I Cried

Nina Stratton ninaeliza at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:38:58 UTC 2007

That sucks. I don't know what upsets me more - the fact that this guy's good
faith edits were subverted, or the post directly after his.

The second URL is also disheartening. If I understand it correctly, it's
because many of these images weren't uploaded at Wikimedia Commons, so the
license isn't altogether clear. I get confused myself with all the licenses.
Most of my uploads have been historical in nature, but it's still tricky
sometimes.

On 1/13/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> There is this fun paradox with wikipedia.
>
> I was submitting a description to something which I am the copyright
> holder of, but it was removed because it was copyright protected. When I
> pointed out I had rights to it, because it was something i/company owned - i
> was told you should not edit your own entries.
>
> http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showpost.php?p=856133&postcount=6
>
> These are good. The whole thread is at
>
> http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=32349
>
> Fred
>
> I actually am working, something about the Derek Smart Arbitration is
> somewhere in this thread.

Sincerely,

Nina
"Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and
conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work." - Abdul Kalam