[WikiEN-l] African maps

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 06:47:09 UTC 2007

> My point was not about permissions.  It even assumes that we will
> receive all the permissions we want.  It's about why we are better
> suited to carry this material than Northwestern U.  It's about the
> ethics of a Borg-ism that indiscriminately vacuums up all the material
> it can find.

I'm not sure that this is a matter of us thinking we're a better host
than Northwestern U for anyone else.  It's us thinking that for our
own use, we're a better host than them, because having a local copy is
good.  Because they might move their stuff in future or even take it
down.  Lots of reasons that for our own purposes, taking our own copy
is useful.

-Matt