[WikiEN-l] (no subject)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 20:50:50 UTC 2007

On 1/12/07, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suggested something on another thread that stated that only people with
> background in a certain field should be qualified to judge notability.
> Chemists determine chemical notability,

Define your terms

> Finns determine notability of
> Finnish folk,

Um trying that with the countries around the balkans would be um
interesting if you were at a safe distance.

>the list goes on.

Not really since you have failed to define what the list was of.
Countries? So only australians can talk about [[Ball's Pyramid]]. How
are you defineing Countries anyway? Does scotland count? What about
cornwall?

> Perhaps it's time to give AFD a good ol'
> reworking to separate the opinions of people who are qualified to speak
> about the subject's notability and outsider's opinions (both are important,
> but we can't put the fingers of clueless people on the red button).

Define qualified.

> Hopefully, through this, closing AFDs will be based less on vote counting
> and more on evaluating the opinions of people.

Or you could try going to AFDs and commenting rather than voteing.

--
geni