[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia Club of New York. Upcoming Planning.

Christopher Thieme cdthieme at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 04:27:49 UTC 2007

> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:04:26 -0500
> From: "Newyorkbrad (Wikipedia)" <newyorkbrad at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Wikipedia Club of New York
> To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

> > On 12/26/06, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I will be in New York on the 26th of January and the 1st and 2nd of
> > > February.  (i.e. two Fridays in a row).
> > > Maybe the timing will be right for me to join the festivities...
>

> Any developments on this?
>
> "Newyorkbrad"

Brad:

I e-mailed Mr. Wales to enquire what his plans were more precisely so that I
could have a better ability to plan an event.  That was about a week ago.
Needless to say, I haven't heard in response.  I'm hoping both to hear from
him by the end of this week, and to have something put together (I have a
few ideas right now, but without a concrete idea, it would be imprudent to
make a plan that wouldn't jive with Mr. Wales' schedule/availability.  I
assume he's in London from what I've read recently, so I think that might
have caused a delay in responding.   Who knows, he might just get too much
mail and might have missed it. If anyone has his phone number, I'd be much
obliged if this could be raised.  If someone who does have his number
intends to call him, shoot me an e-mail first (I respond quickly) so I can
give you my phone number to pass along to him.

I'm in Idaho until the 19th.  But even while I'm on the slopes, I'm still
checking my e-mail.  Damn phones.

Something will be planned.  That, I guarantee.

But what will be planned, I don't even know.

Regards,
Christopher D. Thieme
User:ExplorerCDT