[WikiEN-l] Wrongfully blocked by admin who lies and on behalf of users trying to "own" articles

Parker Peters onmywayoutster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 04:47:51 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Luna <lunasantin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/9/07, Parker Peters <onmywayoutster at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I've yet to see where these are connected to the user who protested to
> us.
> > Perhaps that is the problem, your willingness to jump at shadows and
> > underlying hostility to anyone who doesn't genuflect "just so" towards
> > you.
>

> While I do value your opinions, I will be frank on this count: I don't
> trust
> you to be neutral.
>
> I openly challenge you to take a dig through my postings to this mailing
> list, and back up your claims of my behavior and attitudes. Go for it. If
> you can find evidence that I've been serially abusing the few powers and
> positions of trust the community has seen fit to grant me, by all means,
> bring it to my attention. I have no qualms with specific and reasonable
> complaints grounded in fact.
>
> In this case, I'm not the only user who suspects block evasion. One IP
> address is blocked for trolling and general disruption, a second IP
> address
> comes onto the scene and begins making the exact same reverts -- hardly a
> stretch of the imagination, here.
>
> Again, as you seem to be concerned by what's happened. I have no objection
> if you desire to pursue this on your own.
>
> -Luna

Luna,

I'll be frank with you as well: I approach things a bit different from the
way you do.

It seems obvious to me that you approach things assuming the administrator
is right. I approach things with an open mind and analyze the data first,
then see what I can see from there. The majority of the time, I'lll admit
that the administrator is right.

This, however, is plainly not one of those times. Instead, this seems to be
an attempt to control the content of a page by one small group of users who
happen to have an administrator or two to help them out, and it is the use
of administrator powers to gain a leg up in a content dispute that I
primarily have a problem with.

I have a second problem with the abuse by these administrators in removing
the complainant's complaints from other pages, which is in effect trying to
hide what they are doing from the community at large.

Parker