[WikiEN-l] Wrongfully blocked by admin who lies and on behalf of users trying to "own" articles

Parker Peters onmywayoutster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 03:54:29 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Luna <lunasantin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mr Petrovich,
>
> I've had a quick look at these, and associated talk pages and block logs:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/72.178.235.28
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/129.7.35.194
>
> Given what appear to be continued and gross violations of [[WP:3RR]] under
> both IP addresses, abusive edit summaries and personal attacks, failure to
> make reasonable use of talk pages and the dispute resolution process, and
> what seems to be block evasion through what equates to sockpuppetry, I'm
> afraid I will have to decline your request at this time.
>
> If you have a credible defense or other explanation, feel free.
>
> Thank you for contacting unblock-en-l,
> -Luna
> <snip>

Great, Luna, now you've gone and shown the problem with Wikipedians feeling
high and mighty.

You might as well have just phrased this "sorry, you didn't genuflect deep
enough for my taste, so you don't get any serious consideration."

I've looked over the same situations. In both cases, we have editors who
feel they somehow have ownership of the content of pro wrestling-based
articles. In one case, we have an editor who went off the deep end after
being serially reverted. In the other (Mr Petrovich) we have an editor who
kept a level head even as his opponent started screaming about how he
started the article and therefore somehow had some right to decide what
content was on it.

And as for an admin removing a valid unblock request, or an admin removing a
formal protest from administrators' noticeboard? This is precisely the kind
of behavior that makes good editors see wikipedia as a cabalist institution
and destroys any hope they have that the administrators are behaving in good
faith.

Parker